- What is the easiest way to get to the Residence Center?
- When and how can I check in at the Residence Center?
- Can I move in earlier than the official arrival date?
- I have a lot of luggage and I cannot carry evrything with me. Will the Residence Center keep my belongings I have sent by post until I arrive?
- May families live in the Residence Center?
- What comes with my room?
- What is not allowed to bring with me when I move in?
- Can I bring my car to the Residence Center?
- Can keep pet in my room?
At the Residence Center
- I don't like my room. Can I change it?
- Where can I smoke?
- How can I receive my mail?
- Where is the closest pharmacy?
- What do I have to do in case of emergency?
Cleaning - Maintenance
- How often and when is my room cleaned?
- Why is it imporatnt to fill in the Damage Declaration Form?
- What can housekeepers do in my room?
- Can I repair broken equipment / furniture/ electric appliances in my room?
1. What is the easiest way to get to the Residence Center?
The Residence Center is located in Budapest's 10th district, Kerepesi ut 87. To get there:
From Liszt Ferenc International Airport:
The easiest is to get an airport minibus or a taxi.
From Southern railway station (Deli palyaudvar):
Take the red metro (line 2) to Ors Vezer ter, this is the terminal of the red line. From here take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep, where the Center is located.
From Western railway station (Nyugati Palyaudvar):
Take the blue metro (line 3) to Deak ter. Here change to the red metro (line 2) and go to Ors Vezer ter. Take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep where the Center is located.
From Eastern railway station (Keleti Palyaudvar):
Take the red metro (line 2) to Ors Vezer ter. Here take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep where the Center is located.
In case you arrive somewhere else and you do not know the way to the Center, please contact the reception (dormreception [at] ceu [dot] hu, phone: (+36-1) 327 5000).
2. When and how can I check in at the Center?
The reception of the Center is open 24 hours, you can check in any time. When you arrive, the receptionist will ask your name and your CEU department. You will have to fill in some forms, you will receive a keycard which you can enter your room with.
3. Can I move in earlier than the official arrival date?
You can make a reservation if you want to arrive earlier, please contact the Dormitory Student Services Manager (Edina Varga, e-mail: resman [at] ceu [dot] hu, phone: (+36-1) 327 3163). You have to cover the accommodation cost for these days.
4. I have a lot of luggage and I cannot carry everything with me. Will the Center keep my belongings I have sent by post until I arrive?
In case your luggage will arrive to the Center before you do, please contact the Dormitory Student Services Manager (Edina Varga, e-mail: resman [at] ceu [dot] hu, phone: (+36-1) 327 3163)
5. May families live in the Residence Center?
Students with families have to opt for out dorm accommodation.
6. What comes with my room?
Student rooms are not equipped with towels, soap and shampoo. Bed-linen is provided once a week. Iron and hairdryer can be rented from the reception for a deposit.
7. What is not allowed to bring with me when I move in?
Please note that electric devices such as iron, hot plates, grills of any type, electrical ranges, toasters, or water boilers cannot be used in the room or in the common premises according to the safety policy. Please use equipments provided by the Residence Center in the lounges.
8. Can I bring my car to the Center?
Please contact Edina Varga at: resman [at] ceu [dot] edu
9. Can I keep a pet in my room?
It is not allowed to keep a pet in the room.
At the Residence Center
1. I don't like my room. Can I change it?
In case you would like to change your room, please write an e-mail to the Dormitory Student Services Manager Edina Varga at resman [at] ceu [dot] hu as soon as possible after your arrival. We try to manage the room change depending on availability.
2. Where can I smoke?
Smoking is not allowed in any area of the Residence Center. Students wishing to smoke are required to do so outside the building at one of the designated smoking areas.
3. How can I receive my mail?
Your name and room number should be written on the mail/package you receive. The reception will write your room number on the message board at the reception desk in case you have mail. The reception asks for an ID card in case of postal packages.
1. Where is the closest pharmacy?
Next to Spar Supermarket in Park Plaza. 5 minutes walk from the Residence Center. Please ask at the reception for directions.
2. What do I have to do in case of emergency?
In case of medical emergency, please inform the reception desk (ext 5500 or 5555 or 06 -1 -327 3150). The reception desk can arrange ambulance service for you or call the 24 hrs medical phone number.
If you need any medical advice or immediate help, don’t hesitate to call the CEU Medical center. Before calling, please think over your problem, identify your location, so that you can answer the assistant’s questions .
- During the consulation hours, weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm, please visit or call the CEU Medical Center at the main campus: Budapest,V. District, Nádor u. 11. (Phone: 327 8815, or, if your are calling on a mobile phone: 36 1 327 3815)
- On weekends and weekdays outside of consultation hours you can call the 24 hrs medical phone number: 06 30 83 26 260
The operator may respond to your situation as follows:
- Advise you to see your doctoror psychologist at the CEU a later convenient time,
- Advise you to see or to call a doctor on duty at the 24 hour Emergency Health Service of the Xth disctrict (address: Budapest, Xth district, Pongrácz utca 19. phone number: 261 5834 or if you are calling on a mobile: 36 1 261 5834).
- Advise you to visit a doctor at the Semmelweis University Transplantation and Surgery Clinic where you will receive medical assistance or advice you about further steps you need to take.
- Inform you about insurance related issues.
- In case you need to arrange immediate medical assistance or you need to call an ambulance, the operator will help in arranging assistance for you.
Cleaning - Maintenance
1. How often and when is my room cleaned?
Rooms are cleaned weekly depending on which floor your room is. The cleaning time is between 9 am. and 5 pm.
2. Why is it important to fill in the Damage Declaration Form?
When you leave the Center at the end of the Academic Year housekeepers will check your room. In case your room is damaged and the damage was not indicated previously on the Damage Declaration Form, you will have to pay for the damage caused.
3. What can housekeepers do in my room?
In order to do their job, it might happen that the cleaning ladies move some of your belongings if they are in the way while cleaning. Housekeepers have the right to enter your room and check the cleaning.
4. Can I repair broken equipment/furniture/electric appliances in my room?
Please do not try to repair anything, inform the reception, and they will send a technician to your room.