Is there a security deposit required, what is it for and when is it returned?
- What is the easiest way to get to the Residence Center?
- When and how can I check in at the Residence Center?
- What comes with my room?
- What is not allowed to bring with me when I move in?
- Can I bring my car to the Residence Center?
- Can I keep pet in my room?
At the Residence Center
- When do I have to pay the rental fee and what are the available payment options?
- I don't like my room. Can I change it?
- Where can I smoke?
- How can I receive my mail?
- Where is the closest pharmacy?
- What do I have to do in case of emergency?
Cleaning - Maintenance
- How often and when is my room cleaned?
- Why is it important to fill in the Damage Declaration Form?
- Is there an on-site laundry?
- What can housekeepers do in my room?
- Can I repair broken equipment / furniture/ electric appliances in my room?
1. Is there a security deposit required, what is it for and when is it returned?
Non-CEU students have to pay a security deposit. In the case of any damages or outstanding payments, the deposit acts as a security guarantee. The security deposit will be returned within 10 days following the end of the rental period, minus any outstanding fees or damage fee.
1. What is the easiest way to get to the Residence Center?
The Residence Center is located in Budapest's 10th district, Kerepesi ut 87. To get there:
From Liszt Ferenc International Airport:
The easiest is to get an airport minibus or a taxi.
From Southern railway station (Deli palyaudvar):
Take the red metro (line 2) to Ors Vezer ter, this is the terminal of the red line. From here take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep, where the Center is located.
From Western railway station (Nyugati Palyaudvar):
Take the blue metro (line 3) to Deak ter. Here change to the red metro (line 2) and go to Ors Vezer ter. Take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep where the Center is located.
From Eastern railway station (Keleti Palyaudvar):
Take the red metro (line 2) to Ors Vezer ter. Here take the bus number 44, 45, 176E or 276E to Egyenes utcai lakotelep where the Center is located.
In case you arrive somewhere else and you do not know the way to the Center, please contact the reception (email@example.com, phone: (+36-1) 327 3150).
2. When and how can I check in at the Center?
The reception of the Center is open 24 hours, you can check in any time. When you arrive, you will have to fill in some forms, you will receive a keycard which you can enter your room with.
3. What comes with my room?
Student rooms come with bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen), towels are not provided. Bed linen is changed monthly. Iron and hairdryer can be rented from the reception for a deposit.
4. What is not allowed to bring with me when I move in?
Please note that electric devices such as iron, hot plates, grills of any type, electrical ranges, toasters, or water boilers cannot be used in the room or in the common premises according to the safety policy. Please use equipments provided by the Residence Center in the lounges.
5. Can I bring my car to the Center?
Please contact Krisztina Urbán at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Can I keep a pet in my room?
It is not allowed to keep a pet in the room.
At the Residence Center
1. When do I have to pay the rental fee and what are the available payment options?
The first month rental fee shall be paid when you move-in. The following months shall be paid until the 5th day of the month in question. You may also choose to pay your rent upfront for the entire rental period.
You may pay the rent by bank card at the reception or online through this portal: https://dormipayments.ceu.edu.
2. I don't like my room. Can I change it?
In case you would like to change your room, please write an e-mail to the Dormitory Student Services Coordinator Krisztina Urbán at email@example.com as soon as possible after your arrival. We try to manage the room change depending on availability.
3. Where can I smoke?
Smoking is not allowed in any area of the Residence Center. Students wishing to smoke are required to do so outside the building at one of the designated smoking areas.
4. How can I receive my mail?
Your name and room number should be written on the mail/package you receive. The reception will write your room number on the message board at the reception desk in case you have mail. The reception asks for an ID card in case of postal packages.
1. Where is the closest pharmacy?
Next to Spar Supermarket , 5 minutes walk from the Residence Center. Please ask at the reception for directions.
2. What do I have to do in case of emergency?
In case of medical emergency, please inform the reception desk (ext 5500 or 5555 or 06 -1 -327 3150). The reception desk can arrange ambulance service for you.
Cleaning - Maintenance
1. How often and when is my room cleaned?
Rooms are cleaned monthly. Cleaning schedule is posted on the bulletin board on each floor. The cleaning time is between 9 am. and 5 pm.
2. Why is it important to fill in the Damage Declaration Form?
When you move-out of the Residence Center housekeepers will check your room. In case your room is damaged and the damage was not indicated previously on the Damage Declaration Form, you will have to pay for the damage caused.
3. Is there an on-site laundry?
There is a laundry room with washing and drying machines and ironing boards. Machines can be operated with tokens. Tokens are available at the reception of the Center.
4. What can housekeepers do in my room?
In order to do their job, it might happen that the cleaning ladies move some of your belongings if they are in the way while cleaning. Housekeepers have the right to enter your room and check the cleaning.
5. Can I repair broken equipment/furniture/electric appliances in my room?
Please do not try to repair anything, inform the reception, and they will send a technician to your room.